Monday, November 19, 2012

A wonderful season, in pictures!

November is beautiful. The weather, the holiday season, getting to be with family, all of it.
Here's some of the things I've been up to lately. In pictures! Because let's be honest, in the blogging world, pictures are more interesting.

This wasn't in November, but it's worth documenting. We celebrated my dear frond Alyssa's birthday in late October! It was very "Alyssa": s'mores and worshipping Jesus on the shores of Lake Waco! She's worth celebrating, for sure.


Also not in November. But I got to reunite with two of my life-long besties recently. In first grade, Hannah (right) was the new kid, and I walked right up to her and told her how we were going to be best friends forever. Then, in second grade, Cameron (left) was the new kid, and did pretty much the same thing to me! We keep our promises in this friend triangle. Life with them is consistent and fun. 
photo credit: Hannah Sandle

Jesus is moving in our lifegroup! A few weeks ago, we felt like the Lord was highlighting baptism. We brought it to lifegroup, they asked Jesus, and two incredible women of God felt like the Lord put it on their hearts to get baptized! Megan Fitz and Betsy are two of my favorite blessings from the Lord this semester. I feel like I've known both of them for forever, when really it's been one short semester. Thankful for sweet friendships and Jesus kindly laying His Presence on our lifegroup each week. 
photo credit: Megan Shipley
We had a dog! For 10 days. Sandy (Sandra, as I affectionately renamed her)(Glitzy, as Mike not-so-affectionately renamed her) was found on 8th street, and we got to keep her while her vaccinations were happening. She was such a troll. Growled, bit us, peed everywhere. But somehow, some of us miss her. She's in a great home now! Glad it's not ours! But enjoyed Sandy while she was here. Kinda. 



Our lifegroup had a Thanksgiving feast, one we deemed "Feast O'Joy!" The formal theme couldn't have fit our lifegroup more perfectly. Collectively, we love to dress up. Also, the Wible's were so gracious in letting us have the party at their beautiful house in the woods of Waco! Seriously, did not know Waco had such beauty. Their house is a wonderland, and the Wible's themselves are just incredible. Overall, a good night and a full belly was had by all! Thank you, Jesus!

Photo credit: Berry Burgess

photo credit: Austin Wright

photo credit: Austin Wright

You can't combine the Waco Farmer's Market with these girlies and not be out of control refreshed. I treasure time with them so much. I know what community is because of these two! They make me feel at home and I'm so thankful for their hearts. And senses of humor. Laughing with them is a whole new kind of laughter!
photo credit: Megan Shipley

photo credit: Megan Shipley

This is the best flavor of Blue Bell ice cream. I anxiously await it every year. Here's to hoping my wisdom teeth come out this holiday season so I can shamelessly devour it in mass quantities. There was one left at the grocery store. Jesus was waiting for me! Favor of God. He loves the little things that I love. 

Those are some highlights. I'm thankful that Jesus' portion for me is to have a full life. He's in all the details. He's exciting and following Him is such a fun adventure. I'm in. 

1 comment:

  1. holidays and fun with friends and family
    happy times :)

    ReplyDelete